Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Finding Parables

Generation after generation, rabbi after rabbi, the stories taken from life illustrated God's message for people who trusted only the spoken word. Vivid images, poetry, insights that changed and focused lives, and created traditions.

No other of the rabbis ever approached the skill of one, the Master teller of parables. From the mustard seed to the mountain that could move, Jesus evoked images that stuck in the mind, more shaping than a simple listing of facts.

I'll find some new parables, some parables from the saints and solitary folk of the Christian tradition, and some that you will suggest, from time to time.

One Sunday morning, in the polite moments as folks leave church, a man thanked me for a very specific statement. I hadn't said it. I asked my wife. Nope, you didn't. Well, he needed to hear it and the Spirit shaped the moment. It happens. It's a blessing. Let's share more than we thought we already knew!

I'll always BCurious........

Thanks, Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment