Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Zoey and the Sweet Peas

Zoey is a chocolate lab. A pound puppy with no papers, she's still a chocolate lab. Loves the water! On her last lake adventure, she even swam until she was exhausted and had to be rescued.

She loves sweet peas, and lives in an area where they are a fine spring crop. She loves the peas. She loves the leaves. She loves the vine. There wasn't anything left. Nothing.

Zoey celebrates every day, every single one. I don't think she knows she doesn't have papers.

I like Zoey. Zoey loves life.

And I like people who have something of Zoey in them. They love life. They experience it.

A great choral conductor told us: "When you sing, I don't want to hear ink-on-paper! I want to hear the music move!"

Jesus said the gift was life abundant. Overflowing. Not a matter of proper credentials and labels, but moving, flowing, loving, caring, celebrating, living.

Zoey got the memo on that one. I know lots of people with that kind of joy. They make my heart sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment