Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Favorite Pillar and a Button

Sunday, I saw one of my very favorite "pillars of the church", as enthusiastic and energetic as ever, delighted with the celebration of the day.  And we remembered the button.

Once upon an important day (as it turned out), she taught me a lesson in accountability.  Walking down the side aisle of the sanctuary to the sacristy near the front, I noticed a button in a window sill.  Reaching to pick it up, I heard her voice:  "Don't touch that button!  That's my TEST button."

Seems the custodian had been lax in cleaning.  The button had been there for six weeks, and she was counting.

Accountability is SO basic, did ya know even God has test buttons??????

You and I can smile and laugh as we sweep (sometimes energetically) things under the various rugs of life.  But God looks under the rugs, too!

If we are first of all accountable to Him, why not just confess, repent, welcome his gracious forgiveness and start over.  After all, THAT is His idea of how it oughta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment