Total Pageviews

Monday, October 25, 2010

Power of a Name

Moses wanted to know the name of God - - and the answer came:  I am who I am - in other words, you don't need to know!  I'm calling you, you won't be calling me.

Who ARE you? is a question of trust.

Five minutes ago, I got a political call masquerading as a question/poll sort of thing, asking if I "believed" in the traditional view of marriage.  (Which I do, but, in differentiation from the current politically correct interpretation, I actually believe in the older definition of marriage as a permanent, until-death set of commitments, not as a 50/50 shot at staying together, maybe, sorta, if it works out.)

The turn-off for THIS particular call was that the caller addressed me by identifying himself with MY name.  Disconcerting, to get a call from yourself.  Throws you off a bit.  Definitely gets your attention!

An emotional issue, a disconcerting identification, a "poll" to persuade for a political point and a vote....... it's tough to dig out the authentic in these political shifting sands.  This definitely was NOT authentic

Maybe it always has been, who knows, but this is a tough year!

It all reinforces the authenticity-factor in the Biblical record of the God who calls and the people who follow.  The more you learn about the deviousness of the times, the more you like Moses, I think!

Let me know what YOU think.

No comments:

Post a Comment