Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Well, Google Myself, or Not

Ever do that?  I did yesterday, and guess what I learned?  (Everything on the net is of course absolutely true!)

Well, I hardly recognized myself.  I'm on Facebook, which is true.  But, according to Google, I also live in San Diego, finished high school in 1984, am black, and fairly athletic.  I have 8 siblings, and I work for the city.  Not.

If I leave off the middle initial, I'm told that I'm an Australian actor who sometimes doesn't behave very well.  Not that either.

Whatever "free information" you might pick up here and there, I'm glad I know me, that the Lord knows me, and that family knows me.  I'm glad that God has not only had knowledge of me but has purpose for me.  It's a rejoicing thing that the Lord called me to preach 55 years ago, and has repeated that call on a regular basis ever since.

And we know so many "treasures", don't we.  And since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of highly credible witnesses, let us get with our very personal callings, lay aside every hindrance, and get running.  (That's not exactly what Hebrews says, but close enough.)  And if we look to Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, it works!  Looking there tells me more than "googling", you know.

I could "google" myself again, or maybe it would work better to pray.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment