Total Pageviews

Friday, November 12, 2010

Faith and Flu

Flu season was full speed.  Lots of it was "going around".  Sunday noon came, I was shaking hands at the door, when a man walked up to me, grabbed my hand.  His other hand gripped my shoulder as he stepped close.

"Preacher, I'm just barely going, but this flu isn't keeping me at home, no sir!"

I wondered whether or not to thank him.  But it does raise a rather self-answering question:  "When IS it good to stay home from worship?"

Sometimes loving our neighbor means keeping our distance, rather than complicating life's issues.  And that's always a hard one, isn't it?  Not so much hard to answer when the issue is clear, but hard to calculate when we seriously do try to love our neighbor.

Jesus said we are to be wise as serpents and innocent as doves.  That has to be one of the biggest challenges He ever laid out!

No comments:

Post a Comment