Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Kin-Folks

It's in the news:  Prince William's Kate (fiancee) has famous relatives in the US.  George Washington, George Patton, Meriwether Lewis, are among the cousins (up to 13th cousin 3 times removed, whatever that is!).

I, on the other hand, have no relatives of note.  National Geographic advertised a program to trace my "deep" ancestry (not genealogy) for only $99.  For such a fee, I expect them to skip any horse thieves they encounter along the way, but that would only tell me what continent my ancient ancestors inhabited.

Breaking out of genealogy, I have been informed on good authority that I am the adopted child of the Creator of the Universe.  Somehow, that trumps being a 13th cousin to most anyone, seems to me.  And the adoption line is still open, by the way, in case you're interested.  But, then, you probably already knew all this.

Aren't there wonderful things on our thanksgiving list?  Jesus first.

No comments:

Post a Comment